Signs of aging show up in different ways for different women. Skin tone may become duller in some, while others may notice an overall loss in skin elasticity. In almost all cases, though, you can expect to see them in the area around the eyes first.
Crow’s feet, dark undereye circles, wrinkles, and puffiness all result from the skin around your eyes being much thinner than anywhere else on the body. They possess less fat and oil than the other regions on your face, too. These make them more susceptible to environmental stressors such as chronic exposure to UV rays and pollution. This is also why they show age-related skin issues before every other region on your face.
Fortunately, there are products that you can use to mitigate these signs of aging and minimize their visibility. Eye creams and eye serums are formulated specially for the area around the eyes to address those signs of aging. Between the two, though, eye serums are far superior.
What is an eye serum?
Contrary to popular belief, serums are not necessarily moisturizers, and are not comparable to lotions or creams. Some serums do not contain emollients in the way that creams and lotions do; they are instead highly concentrated formulations of various beneficial ingredients that are meant to sink quickly into the skin. This makes them far more immediately effective.
An eye serum, then, as the name suggests, is a serum that has been specifically formulated for the area around the eyes, intended to target the common issues experienced there. Given that there are no additional ingredients to hamper their absorption into the skin, they offer better penetration of the actives, doing so more efficiently than regular eye creams.
What should you look for in an eye serum?
Our Everything Face & Eye Anti-Aging HA Serum (Oil Free) is your all-in-one solution for all of your aging woes. It has everything you could ever want in an oil-free eye serum, as well as all the beneficial ingredients you need to address various facial skin issues in a targeted manner.
Targets various skin concerns
At its most basic, any product meant for the area around the eyes should address the following common concerns:
- Under-eye puffiness and eye bags can be caused by numerous factors, some of which are unavoidable. Genetics, lack of sleep, and your diet can all contribute to it.
- Dark circles are similarly caused by genetics. Sleep deprivation, prolonged hours in front of a screen, and an unhealthy diet can exacerbate them, too.
- Fine lines and wrinkles are primarily caused by an overall lack of moisture in the skin. Dropping estrogen levels in your 40s and beyond can also cause that dryness, all the more necessitating an eye serum specifically formulated for aging skin.
Our oil-free eye serum helps combat all of these issues, in addition to evening out the skin tone for a more luminous glow that you’ll definitely see and feel.
Packed with 100% natural, organic ingredients
Here at Organic Cosmetica, we make use of only 100% natural and organic ingredients. Our oil-free eye serum is formulated with the following ingredients for immediate results:
- Our açaí berry extract is imported from the Amazon rainforest and comes to us in an unfiltered form, retaining all the valuable nutrients and antioxidants it contains. It is a natural source of vitamins A, B, C, and E and is considered an antioxidant powerhouse.
- We use vegan hyaluronic acid derived from 100% natural sources. It has the ability to retain up to a thousand times its weight in water, making it one of the best humectants in skin care.
- Our oil-free eye serum also harnesses the power of plants with plant stem cell extract, derived from nutrient-rich plants. They, too, are packed with powerful antioxidants that are especially beneficial for aging skin.
- Acerola cherry has 50 to 100 times more vitamin C than lemons or oranges, making it one of the richest sources of it in the world. Our oil-free eye serum is packed with acerola cherry extract, imparting those antioxidative benefits directly to your skin.
- Lemon peel is an antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory ingredient that also contains Vitamins C and D. We also add pineapple to our oil-free eye serum, which can also be used as a facial serum, to prevent breakouts.
- We combine vegan peptides and vegan collagen to provide certain proteins needed by the skin to promote firmness and elasticity.
- We also use vegan ceramides to boost skin hydration and make skin feel softer and smoother.
- Our oil-free eye serum also incorporates green tea to further boost its antioxidative properties.
Our oil-free eye serum, like all of our products here on Organic Cosmetica, was developed by our founder Alicia R. Carter, M.D. She is a board certified physician who specializes in regenerative medicine who has dedicated herself to regenerative orthopedic and anti-aging cosmetic treatments.
Our doctor-developed skin and hair care products, including the oil-free eye serum, are 100% natural, safe for all skin types, and safe for women and men alike. Additionally, they are alcohol, gluten, nut, and soy-free, taking your sensitivities into consideration. They are also free of synthetic fragrances, vegan, and never tested on animals.
For more information on our story, the ingredients we use, and our dedication to the environment, check out the Our Brand section from the top bar. Shop our Everything Face & Eye Anti-Aging HA Serum (Oil Free) and other great anti-aging products today!